Recently, Binh Ba Island has been a very hot name, not only for the landscape but also the culinary richness which has captivated the hearts of almost travelers.
Binh Ba island overview
Binh Ba is a small island, covering an area of 3 square km, located in Cam Binh Commune, Cam Ranh City, Khanh Hoa Province. Located 60 km from Nha Trang and 390km from Ho Chi Minh City. In order to reach Binh Ba island, we have to go to Ba Ngoi port. Ba Ngoi port is 15km from Cam Ranh airport.
In the past, Binh Ba was a military island, restricting people from entering the island. Until recently, the rules have been loosened, however foreigners are still banned. This is also the reason why now Binh Ba Island is famous! Also, if you do not want to be kicked out of the island soon, you should not be curious about banned areas which have been warned by the local military.
Because of its well-managed area, Binh Ba is still a relatively untouched island, still retaining a rustic, unspoiled nature. Recently, with the number of visitors to Binh Ba more and more, infrastructure has not developed to keep up with the number of visitors, making the island environment absolutely fresh and enjoyable.
Things to do
- Scuba diving because this island is the perfect place for you to admire the beautiful coral reefs
- Going fishing usually in early morning and squid is in night
- Catch Cong- King of crab in evening
- Watch the sunrise on Chuong Beach
- Visit Nom Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches on the island with its incredibly white sand, crystal-clear water, and impressive rocks
- Visit historical sites as blockhouses, cannon, tunnel through mountain
- Visit Ba Binh Market in the center of the island to buy and enjoy a variety of fruit and vegetables, as well as local specialties.
- Enjoy fresh and cheap Ba Binh‘s seafood on the island, especially you cannot miss lobster, this’s famous specialty of this island, as well as Khanh Hoa province. Lobster at here is cheaper 30%-60% than restaurants on mainland.
How to get
By Bus: From Ho Chi Minh- Binh Ba Island, travelers can take a bus or car of Phương Trang, Mai Linh, etc to travel to Da Bac or Ba Ngoi Port and take a boat.
By Air: If you want to save time, you can take a flight to Cam Ranh Airport and then take a bus or taxi to Ba Ngoi Port which is far about 5 km from Cam Ranh Airport. And then taking a boat to Binh Ba Island.
By Boat: Visitors can reach the island by taking a boat from Da Bac Port in Cam Ranh Bay where there is a service leaving every three hours during the day. And the earliest boat departs at 7 am. Besides, travelers can hire a private boat to sail to the island.
To get more attractions and travel guides, you can visit our website. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let us know. We can reply you as soon as possible. You also like or share this article if you like it!